|Why ITM Law School?|
1. At ITM LAW SCHOOL, Law teaching is interwoven with related contemporary issues, including international and comparative law perspectives. The curricula and syllabi are based in a multidisciplinary body of social science and scientific knowledge. Curriculum development includes:
a. expanding the domain of optional courses;
b. providing deeper understanding of professional ethics;
c. modernizing clinical courses;
d. mainstreaming legal aid programs; and
e. developing innovative pedagogic methods.
All the above are coupled with competent, dedicated and devoted faculty members having sufficient teaching experience in various National Law Schools/Universities of the Country.
2. At ITM LAW SCHOOL, evaluation methods test critical reasoning by encouraging essential analytical, writing and communication skills. The end-semester examination will be problem-oriented, combining theoretical and problem oriented approaches rather than merely testing the memory. Moot Court Exercises, Project Papers, Snap Tests, Mid Term Examinations, Project and Subject viva, along with an end-semester examination will be the pedagogic methods followed for improving quality.
3. At ITM LAW SCHOOL, steps are taken to develop a serious culture of research like:
a. Emphasizing analytical writing skills and research methodology as integral aspects of the LL.B program;
4. At ITM LAW SCHOOL, we have realized that building world class law schools today will require positive response to the growing international dimensions of legal education and of the legal profession, where it is becoming increasingly necessary to incorporate international and comparative perspectives, along with necessary understanding of domestic law. Hence the initiatives taken to promote such international perspectives include:
5. At ITM LAW SCHOOL, the aim of our 5 year BBA.LL.B. (Honours) Degree Program is to create lawyers who are comfortable and skilled in ‘dealing’ with the differing legal systems and cultures that make up our global community while remaining strong in one’s own national legal system. The ITM LAW SCHOOL students will be trained to specialize in international trade practices, comparative law, conflict of laws, international human rights law, environmental law, gender justice, space law, biomedical law, bio-ethics, international advocacy etc. They will also acquire a general knowledge of American, English, and European Union legal system apart from a working knowledge of few foreign languages like French, German, etc.